Application: Artists/Art Venues
ARTISTS/ART RETAIL VENUES
Examples: Painters with watermen and/or Virginia Oyster subject matter; jewelers/sculptors and other craft artisans utilizing Virginia Oyster shells in their works; Production level artisans creating authentic Virginia Oyster collectibles
- The artist is creating original works that specifically feature the Virginia Oyster on a consistent basis and as a main line of their media.
- The artist’s studio has qualified as a business by presenting evidence of at least one of the following for approval: website; photo, maps, brochure, video or another expressed written method.
- The artist’s studio may also provide demonstrations and/or workshops on their art.
- The artist’s studio features 5 or fewer artists (including the owner of the studio). If more than 5 artists are featured, the site must upgrade to “venue”.
Examples: Locally-owned business where retail sales are made such as: galleries; retail shops; gift shops
- The venue promotes original works and/or exhibitions featuring local artists who specifically feature the Virginia Oyster in their media.
- The venue, gift shop and/or gallery prioritizes “American-made” with an emphasis on locally created art from the trail region. Shops with a strong product line of imports or crafts made from kits may not qualify.
$100 PER YEAR, plus a $50 one-time setup fee